Monday, September 3, 2007

Nature and Culture

On last Friday I went to visit an exhibition of nature and wildlife photography at The Academy Of Fine Arts. Well known Bengali actor Sabyasachi Chakraborty was among the photographers whose work were being displayed. The exhibition ends today. I also saw some very innovative paintings and sculptures that were being displayed in the adjoining halls.
Yesterday I attended a cultural program held at Sishir Mancha in memory of late Bengali poet Birendra Chattopadhya. The function started with a speech and recitation of his poems. This was followed by poets reading out their own poems in Bengali. Shaoli Mitra Recited poems of Rabindranath Tagore. It was the first time I got the opportunity to hear her recitation and I was enthralled. The event ended with songs sung by Pratul Mukhopadhya who had composed their tunes himself. Some of the songs were based on poet Birendra Chattopadhya's poetry. They were meaningful and unique.

No comments: